Mastering the Application
This session provides step-by-step instructions that will enable job seekers to complete an application that will get them screened “in” not “out".
At the completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Define what an application is and its purpose
- Discuss the main reasons for employers screening out an applicant (gaps in work history, short-term employment, criminal convictions, major illnesses and lack of education)
- Identify 10 of the most common mistakes made on an application and how to avoid them
- Discuss the different ways to verify employment history
- Identify the 3 different levels of references