Your Digital Tattoo
This session explores the positive and negative aspects of social media and the lasting effects it can have on a student’s long-term success by sharing how employers, college admissions reps and athletic recruiters are using social media to make decisions about the people they hire, accept into college or recruit for their athletic teams.
At the completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss who all is looking at their social media accounts and why.
- Identify the benefits and dangers of the 3 most common apps.
- Tell what individuals can learn about themselves from their social media accounts, both good and bad.
- Determine how far and fast posts/tweets can travel.
- Propose steps to develop a professional social media presence plan.