Portfolio Scholarship Contest Rules
Submissions for the Career or College Portfolio contest will be accepted beginning January 1. The contest is open to all MNTC students enrolled in a long-term program. *Only one (1) entry per student. Past winners are not eligible for the contest.
CONTEST DEADLINE is March 31 of each year.
Your Career or College Portfolio must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered:
Introduction: Create a 1-3 minute video introducing yourself. Giving employers/college recruiters an insight into who you are and letting them have information that they would not necessarily know from just reading your resume.
Resume: build an employment or academic resume on the Career and College Connection Resume Builder.
References: enter a minimum of 3 references. One reference must be an instructor.
Uploads and Certifications section must include:
- 1 video introducing yourself 1-3 minutes in length
- 3 samples of work
- 2 Certifications or Certificates
- 1 award or honor
- 1 evidence of professional affiliation
- 1 letter of recommendation
Work-based learning – at least a bronze level badge achieved
- Customize your portfolio towards your career or educational goals.
- Use correct spelling and grammar!
- Preview your portfolio before submitting to make sure, you have met the minimum requirements and that all your items are viewable.
- Get feedback on your Portfolio from a member of your Career and College Connection Center staff.
Instructions for submitting your Career Portfolio:
- Log in to your Career Connection account
- Create Portfolio on your dashboard
- Attach Portfolio to the Career Portfolio Contest job posting
Entries are final and may not be changed after the submission deadline.
The submission deadline is March 31 at midnight.
If any changes are found after the submission deadline, the participant will be disqualified.
We reserve the right to disqualify portfolios based on content that is offensive or inappropriate.
Submitting this Portfolio to the Career and College Portfolio Contest authorizes your portfolio material to be viewed by contest judges and the Career and College Connection Staff.
Winners also agree to allow submitted materials to be used by MNTC for Career and College Portfolio promotional purposes. In addition, if you are selected as a scholarship recipient, you are required to:
- attend the awards assembly in May to accept your scholarship
- take a picture at the awards assembly receiving the scholarship
- provide a bio for the Career and College Connection website
- submit a thank-you letter to the Career and College Portfolio Contest sponsors
*Employees of the Career and College Connection (excluding student workers and interns) and past winners are not eligible.
Any Questions? Email [email protected]
Build your Career Portfolio at career-connection.mntc.edu