712228-Nursing Assistant - FT - Days - 7th Floor - Neuro/MS/Tele - INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center
Nursing Assistant - FT - Days - 7th Floor - Neuro/MS/Tele - INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center
The Nursing Assistant performs delegated direct patient care activities to an assigned group of patients, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Nursing Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Performs personal patient care tasks, such as mouth care, making beds, giving baths, perineal care, hair care, shaving patients, giving backrubs, and emptying bedpans or urinals
* Assists with patient safety issues such as presence of identification arm band, adherence to patient fall protocol and use of restraints, positioning of patients, promotion of an environment for rest and sleep, reporting of incidents/injury occurrences
* Performs treatments which may include urinary catheter care, enema administration, preparation of sitz baths, applying compresses, and assisting with patient ambulation
* May retrieve and transport medications
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
VII. Required Competency Test(s)
Nursing - Nursing Assistant
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Current BLS certification or completion within 90 days.
* Successful completion of a recognized nursing assistant course required or successful completion of an accredited nursing program, Nursing Fundamentals or Introduction into Nursing course with either skills lab or clinical rotation included. Verification is required of the course and lab or clinical via transcript or official notice from the accredited nursing program.
* 3 months nursing assistant experience within an acute care facility, nursing home, home care setting, or long-term care facility or, employed in an INTEGRIS patient care area with training and observation for nursing assistant duties, or prior hospital corpsman medical training in the military required.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
* Department specific competencies will be completed in the applicable department during the orientation process
To view a complete job description and apply online, visit: integrisok.jobs search keyword 712228.