Medical Assistant, Full Time, Days, Dr. Chan at Family Care South Penn
To learn more about this clinic and location use the link below
The Medical Assistant provides direct patient care by taking vitals, patient history, venipuncture, lab, x-ray, referrals, and patient phone messages as directed by the provider and/or clinical supervisor. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Medical Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Gathers and documents information about patient condition, which include lab values, pain levels, patient education needs, nutritional status and potential complications
* Contributes to the assessment/re-assessment of patients
* Monitors and documents patient status
* Participates in the development of the plan of care, including implementation and evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions which may include medication administration (exclusive of narcotics)
* Manages large call volume while maintaining excellent telephone etiquette
* Organizes workflow to meet patient needs in a timely manner
* As needed by patient contact level, adheres to National Governing Board and Patient Safety Goals
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Current nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification/registration, or the ability to obtain certification/registration within 120 days of hire;
* The ABR-OE (Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry) or other nationally recognized credentialing allowing for electronic medical heath record (EHR) order entry; or the ability to obtain within sixty (60) days of hire.
* 6 months customer service experience preferred
* CPR certification within 90 days of employment
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
To view a complete job description and apply online, visit: integrisok.jobs search keyword 707826.