Clinic Support Specialist, CMA / RMA, Full Time, Days, Dr. Walia with the Pain Management clinic at Baptist Medical Center
To learn more about this clinic and location use the link below
The Clinic Support Specialist performs Medical Assistant and Patient Service Representative duties to allow the clinic to function in a more streamlined fashion. The Specialist provides direct patient care by taking vitals, patient history, venipuncture, lab, x ray, referrals and answering telephones. This role also is responsible for some indirect patient care responsibilities such as: taking concise messages, scanning and indexing information into the medical record, handling requests for medical records and basic scheduling. This position operates as directed by the Manager and/or clinical supervisor. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Clinic Support Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Receives and/or dispatches incoming phone calls.
* Collects payment for copays and deductibles.
* Makes financial arrangements for patients.
* Performs check in and check out duties accurately and timely.
* Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and records the information in the medical record; answers telephone and completes referrals as ordered by provider.
* Gathers and documents information about patient condition, which include lab values, pain levels, patient education needs, nutritional status and potential complications.
* Contributes to the assessment/re assessment of patients.
* Monitors and documents patient status.
* Participates in the development of the plan of care, including implementation and evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions which may include medication administration (exclusive of narcotics).
* Manages large call volume while maintaining excellent telephone etiquette.
* Organizes workflow to meet patient needs in a timely manner.
* Adheres to National Governing Board and Patient Safety Goals as needed by patient contact level.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program and credentialed as a Certified Medical Assistant
* The ABR-OE (Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry) or other nationally recognized credentialing allowing for electronic medical heath record (EHR) order entry.
* 1 year as clinic Medical Assistant required
* 1 year clerical experience preferred
* Experience in the following areas: responsibility for cashier procedures and/or basic accounting, clinic check in/out procedures, basic health insurance, HMO, PPO, physician referral and insurance authorization, general knowledge of CPT and ICD 10 coding preferred
* 6 months customer service experience preferred
* CPR certification within 90 days of employment
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally & in writing
To view a complete job description and apply online, visit: integrisok.jobs search keyword 707251.