Challenge your student to do career and college research.
- " Ask: "Do you have any ideas about where you might want to do when you graduate?" If your student seems unsure, you can talk about personal qualities you see as talents and strengths. You can also recommend:
- Taking OKCareerguide.org and OKCollegestart.org assessments.
- Conducting an informational interview with someone that does what they want to do.
- Researching a variety of interesting career fields and employers on OKCareerGuide.org.
- Meeting with a MNTC Counselor, Career Advisor, or their high school counselor.
- Participating in Career and College Connection Fairs.
- Learning while Earning with MNTC Internships and Work-based Learning
- Touring colleges and participating in College Connection Field Trips